Public Bank At A Glance
Public Bank was founded in 1966 by the late Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Dr. Teh Hong Piow. On 6 August 1966, Public Bank started its business at its first branch, which was located at Jalan Gereja, Kuala Lumpur. With its vision as a ‘bank for the people’, Public Bank started providing banking services to the masses in Malaysia. On 6 April 1967, Public Bank was listed on Bursa Malaysia.
The Public Bank Group has expanded the banking business to include a comprehensive suite of financial products and services, which comprise of personal banking, commercial banking, Islamic banking, investment banking, share broking, trustee services, nominee services, sale and management of unit trust funds as well as bancassurance and general insurance products. To serve customers better, the Group leverages on the advancement of technology and digital capabilities, in line with the evolving needs of customers.
Public Bank’s vision shapes its resilient business model of growth strategy within the retail banking space, which also steers Public Bank’s success story through the years, thus, giving rise to its outstanding performance among premier banks in Malaysia.
With its resilient business model, the Group has maintained a track record of unbroken profitability for 56 consecutive years. The Group is highly reputed for its stellar performance, especially in sustaining the highest return on equity, maintaining the most efficient cost to income ratio and the best asset quality among domestic banks. The Group remains a market leader in several major business segments, including consumer banking, retail commercial banking for small and medium enterprises (SME) as well as private unit trust.
Public Bank has expanded its banking business in Malaysia and across the region, including Hong Kong, China, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos and Sri Lanka.
One of the Largest Premier Banks in Malaysia
The Best Among Domestic Banks
Leading Market Shares
To sustain the position of being the most efficient, profitable and respected premier financial institution in Malaysia.
Our Corporate Philosophy
Public Bank Cares...
- By providing the most courteous and efficient service in every aspect of its business
- By being innovative in the development of new banking products and services
- By promoting the well-being of its staff through attractive remuneration and fringe benefits
- By promoting good staff morale through proper staff training and development and provision of opportunities for career advancement
- By forging ahead and consolidating its position as a stable and progressive financial institution
- By generating profits and a fair return on their investment
- By assuming its role as a socially responsible corporate citizen in a tangible manner
- By adhering closely to national policies and objectives thereby contributing towards the progress of the nation